The Avalon Mall is going ‘eatertainment-style.’
Crombie REIT, owners and developers of the mall announced the addition of The Rec Room, one of Canada’s newest hot-spot for ‘Eats and Entertainment.’
The Rec Room brings together incredible dining experiences with exciting live entertainment and amusement gaming experiences, all under one roof.
“We’re thrilled to welcome The Rec Room to Avalon Mall,” Don Clow, president and CEO for Crombie REIT said in a news release Wednesday.
“Their model of combining dining with entertainment and gamification complements the elevated visitor experience that we are creating at Avalon Mall through our redevelopment program,” he added.
He said by adding this new space, it will provide fun experiences and enhance the opportunities to shop and play at Avalon Mall for years to come.
Scheduled to open in early 2019, the approximately 30,000 square foot dining and entertainment complex will be The Rec Room’s seventh location in Canada and the first to open in Atlantic Canada.
The new location will include:
· The best in Canadian-inspired cuisine at The Rec Room’s upscale casual dining restaurant as well as its ‘eatertainment-style’ dining options in the games area.
· A massive attractions area where social-seekers can play over 90 amusement games. Credits earned are tracked on RFID wristbands and can be redeemed at a redemption store for fun prizes.
· Classic favourites like air hockey, pool and ping pong as well as large feature attractions, that could include experiences like virtual reality, luxury bowling and axe throwing.
· A bar area where sports fans can grab a drink and catch the game on huge HD screens.
· A guest experience that integrates the latest in technology and gamification coupled with SCENE, Canada’s leading entertainment rewards program.
· A performance space that’s ideal for hosting live entertainment such as musical and comedy acts.
· Multiple private dining rooms that will make it the ultimate gathering spot for celebrations, meetings, corporate events and parties.
“While this new entertainment destination will be adjacent to our Scotiabank Theatre St. John’s, the success of The Rec Room in other Canadian markets proves that Cineplex is about much more than just movies,” Ellis Jacob, President and CEO at Cineplex said in the news release.
"We are leveraging our industry-leading entertainment, amusement gaming, food & beverage, digital media and operational capabilities to bring an entirely new, technology-enhanced experience to the community. You’re going to love it, St. John’s,” he added.