It has been offering its services since March, but the Employment OPTIONS office in Corner Brook is now officially opened.
The office, located in the Millbrook Mall, is one of four employment assistance services offices in the province. There is also one in Grand Falls-Windsor and two more in St. John’s.
The west coast office has been open and servicing the Corner Brook/Deer Lake/White Bay/Bay of Islands region since March 26.
Employing six people, the program offered is a provincial government initiative funded federally through the Canada-Newfoundland Labour Market Development Agreement. Its mandate is to increase capacity when it comes to offering and accessing employment planning services across the province.
The employment assistance office provides a range of services to Employment Insurance-eligible clients, including:
- career employment planning
- job research assistance
- access to skills to maintain long-term employment
- staff will work with clients to identify barriers and ways to overcome them
- assistance with resume writing
- houses on-site resource areas that feature computers for the public at large to use as a self-service option
- job boards that are updated daily for employment opportunities in the region
- information that highlights different resources for individuals on career or education planning.