Kick your social distancing up a notch or two and turn your bathroom into a private spa where you can hide, if only temporarily, from all the turmoil in the world these days.
“The bathroom is a very personal space, and making a bit of effort to truly make the space your own can make a huge difference,” says Brittany Raposo, Spectrum Brands marketing co-ordinator for Pfister Faucets in Canada. “Installing fixtures and features that pamper and soothe is an investment in self-care. It’s an investment that will bring you inner peace for the long term.”
Raposo says there are a few key elements you should consider.
• Big soaker tub: “Settling into a tub of hot water after a long day is incredibly relaxing and soothing. It is also good for your body. The hot water encourages blood flow, which activates amino acids and helps sore muscles heal and repair. Add a stylish touch to a free-standing tub with a free-standing tub filler, or for a built-in tub, blend style and function with a massaging shower wand.”
• Soothing aromas: “Aromatic candles are an inexpensive addition to your home spa. The comforting fragrances will help melt away your stress while simultaneously creating a calm atmosphere with gentle light. Look for candles with the aromas of essential oils like lavender, peppermint, rose or cedarwood.”
• Comfy robe: “Soft, warm and comfortable, you want a good robe for your at-home spa experience. Think something that is thick and soft, with matching slippers.”
• Drenching shower: “Standing under a steady stream of hot water is invigorating. Pfister’s HydroDrench spray technology has created the ultimate shower — focused coverage with perfect pressure while conserving water. It utilizes bigger water droplets with a unique spray pattern to ensure even, consistent coverage, with five settings that include a drenching to full coverage to an intense water massage.”
• Water massage: “Water has many therapeutic properties, not the least of which is the ability to use a strong, focused stream of pulsing water to work knots out of tired and aching muscles. Multi-function shower wands can be used to directly target those areas that need the most attention. Or go for an all-over coverage with Pfister ThermoForce, hitting you with bigger water droplets in a unique circular spray pattern.”
For more information, visit pfisterfaucets.ca
Copyright Postmedia Network Inc., 2020