A fire at a car wash on Elizabeth Avenue Sunday afternoon damaged a utility room attached to the facility.
Firefighters from the St. John’s Regional fire department were called when someone noticed smoke coming from the car wash building and when they arrived on scene, they found a fire inside the machinery room of the detached structure.
The fire was quickly extinguished but the car wash was shut down until repairs could be made to the equipment inside.
An official on scene said it appeared a belt on a piece of machinery overheated and caused the fire.
There were no injuries.