Top News

Carbon monoxide exposure in St. John's home sends two people to hospital Monday night

Two people were sent to hospital after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their home in Goulds Monday night. Keith Gosse/The Telegram
Two people were sent to hospital after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their home in Goulds Monday night. Keith Gosse/The Telegram

Two people were sent to hospital late Monday, Jan. 27 after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their home in the Goulds area of St. John’s.

Both the Goulds Volunteer Fire Department and the St. John’s Regional Fire Department were called to the scene by the homeowners after carbon monoxide detectors were triggered.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they determined that levels were higher than normal and eventually traced the source back to an apparent issue with a wood stove.

Two people were sent to hospital after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their home in Goulds Monday night. Keith Gosse/The Telegram
Two people were sent to hospital after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their home in Goulds Monday night. Keith Gosse/The Telegram

 

Firefighters used fans to ventilate the home and also climbed to the roof near the chimney.

The exposure was not thought to be serious.

Two people were sent to hospital after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their home in Goulds Monday night. Keith Gosse/The Telegram
Two people were sent to hospital after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their home in Goulds Monday night. Keith Gosse/The Telegram
Two people were sent to hospital after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their home in Goulds Monday night. Keith Gosse/The Telegram
Two people were sent to hospital after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their home in Goulds Monday night. Keith Gosse/The Telegram
Two people were sent to hospital after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their home in Goulds Monday night. Keith Gosse/The Telegram
Two people were sent to hospital after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their home in Goulds Monday night. Keith Gosse/The Telegram

 


Recent Stories