GRAND FALLS-WINDSOR AND GANDER, N.L. - NL Healthcare Partners has been selected to design, build finance and maintain two new long-term care homes in Grand Falls-Windsor and Gander.
The provincial government held events in both towns on Friday, April 12 to announce construction of the 60-bed facilities will start this summer.
A site on Scott Avenue between Valley Road and the site of the former Abitibi Consolidated mill has been selected for the Grand Falls-Windsor home. The facility in Gander will be built next to the College of the North Atlantic’s campus on Magee Road.
It is anticipated construction on both homes will be finished in 2021.
The provincial government also announced a tender has been issued for the 20-bed expansion of the protective care unit at the Dr. Hugh Twomey Health Centre in Botwood.
The tender will be awarded in June with construction also starting this summer.
NL Healthcare Partners is comprised of 11 members.
- Fengate Capital Management of Ltd. of Toronto, Ont.
- SEC Pomerleau of Saint-Georges, Que.
- Pomerleau of Montreal, Que.
- Architecture49 Inc. of Halifax, N.S.
- G architects Inc. of Toronto, Ont.,
- Gibbons Snow Architects Inc. of St. John’s, N.L.
- WSP Canada Inc. of Dartmouth, N.S.
- Malcolm Pinto Engineering Limited of Halifax, N.S.
- Jewer Bailey Consultants of St. John’s, N.L.
- Fengate Services (a division of Fengate Capital Management Ltd.) of Toronto, Ont.
- Seasons Retirement Communities (a subsidiary of Fengate Capital Management Ltd.) of Toronto, Ont.