Top News

Garden hose used to extinguish fire before arrival of firefighters

Firefighters chat with a man after responding to a fire call at the house Thursday evening. The man’s son put the fire out using a garden hose, but siding on the house sustained minor damage.
Firefighters chat with a man after responding to a fire call at the house Thursday evening. The man’s son put the fire out using a garden hose, but siding on the house sustained minor damage. - Joe Gibbons
ST. JOHN'S, N.L. —

The quick action of the occupant’s son with a garden hose prevented what could have been a significant loss on Thursday night at a house on Jordan Place in Shea Heights.

An old couch laid up against the side of the house caught fire. When alerted of the fire, the son quickly grabbed the garden hose and extinguished the fire before firefighters arrived on the scene just before 7:30 p.m.

The home received some fire and smoke damage.

No injuries were reported from the incident.

Recent Stories