Several people have been displaced following a house fire on Terra Nova Road Saturday morning.
Platoon chief Gerry O’Neill told The Telegram the fire originated in one of the basement apartment bedrooms. Smoke was pouring from the house when firefighters arrived on scene and they found a mattress on fire in the downstairs unit.
They were quick to put out the blaze but not before the bedroom was damaged and the whole home had filled with smoke.
O’Neill said there were possibly six, possibly more people in the apartment and that they would not be able to return to unit.
The upstairs floor of the home was unoccupied.