Top News

No injuries in Saturday afternoon St. John's house fire

Bathroom damaged

An afternoon house fire in St. John’s caused damage to a bathroom and filled the home with smoke but there were no injuries.

Platoon chief Gina Burke of the St. John’s Regional fire department told the Telegram the fire was reported by the lone young male occupant of the home on Winslow Street and when firefighters arrived on scene, they discovered fire and smoke in the bathroom.

The blaze was quickly extinguished and firefighters used a positive pressure fan to empty the house of leftover smoke.

It appears the fire may have been caused by a hair-styling appliance.  

Recent Stories