An incident at an apartment building in Mount Pearl Saturday night forced the evacuation, albeit reluctantly, of the complex.
Residents had called 911 to report smoke in the building but an official on scene told the Telegram that residents never left the building until firefighters arrived on scene.
Firefighters eventually located the source of the smoke in the kitchen of one of the building’s apartments.
A blower was deployed to vent the smoke from the apartment and residents were eventually allowed back inside.
There were no injuries.