Snowfall amounts through today and into Tue afternoon will be heaviest for south and southwest Newfoundland with 15-25cm+, additional amounts in snow squalls through Tuesday & Tue eve. 8-15cm for the Avalon, central Nfld, the NE coast and Northern Peninsula. #nlwx pic.twitter.com/YNDH0SK70h— Kelly Butt (@kellymbutt) February 25, 2019
• Academy Canada Harding Road and Kenmount Road campuses will close today at 12:00 p.m.
• St. John's campuses, including MI, Signal Hill, are closing for the day at 1 p.m. Evening classes and activities are also cancelled for tonight.
• Grenfell will be closing at 11:30 a.m. due to forecasted stormy weather. A further update regarding evening classes will be made at 4 p.m.
• Marine Institute, including the OSSC and Holyrood Marine Base, are closing for the day at 1 pm.
College of the North Atlantic
• Bay St George campus & Headquarters will remain closed for the afternoon due to the bad weather and road conditions.
• Carbonear and Placentia will be closing at noon (12 p.m.) due to forecasted weather conditions
• Port aux Basques and Burin campus will be closed for the remainder of the day.
• Corner Brook, Ridge Road, Seal Cove & Prince Philip Drive including the Daycare, ATC Centre & Topsail Road Offices will be closing at 11:30 a.m. for the remainder of the day. Afternoon and evening classes are cancelled
• Grand Falls-Windsor campus will close at 1:30 p.m. this afternoon. Labs scheduled for this afternoon/evening will be rescheduled. The library will not be open this evening.
With the forecasted winter weather on the way ❄️ it’s important we all work together to ensure safety on our roads. Remember snow means SLOW when driving in winter weather conditions! #nltraffic #roadsafety— Royal Newfoundland Constabulary (@RNC_PoliceNL) February 25, 2019
It’s become too stormy for equipment to operate safely near Port aux Basques and Wreckhouse. Motorists in the area are advised to stay off at this time. #nltraffic— Transportation and Works NL (@TW_GovNL) February 25, 2019
There's snow in the forecast but our Winter Operations Team has it under control with our new ATI Snow Wolf. It blows 7500 tonnes of snow per hour at 40 km/h. #yyt #snow #winter #snowblower #stjohnsairport #airporttwitter pic.twitter.com/ZEqIMH72yQ— St. John's Airport (@stjohnsairport) February 25, 2019
Closures, cancellations, delayed openings
• St. John's Status of Women Council and St. John's Women's Centre will close at noon (12 p.m.)
• St. James United Church Sewing Studio and The Writers Circle are both canceled for today.
• The A.C. Hunter Library in St. John's (the only St. John's branch scheduled to be open today) will be closing at 1 p.m.
• Eastern Health Breastfeeding Support Groups in Avondale and Harbour Grace are cancelled today due to building closures.
• The Heart & Stroke Foundation event related to the Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) in Schools Program that was scheduled for 2 p.m. today at Waterford Valley High School has been cancelled due to weather.
• Wedgwood Insurance closing its office for the day at 2 p.m.
• Town of Torbay public council meeting will be rescheduled to 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 27, at the Municipal Depot off the Torbay Bypass Road.
• The Health Care Foundation office will be closing at 1 p.m. and will reopen on Tuesday, Feb 26 at 8:30 a.m.
• QuickPrintNL is closing for the day at 2 p.m.
• All DFO and Canadian Coast Guard offices in St. John's area are closing for the day at 1:30 p.m.
• Qudi Vidi taproom and retail will be closing at 1 p.m.
Off the Avalon
• All government offices in Corner Brook area are closed for the day.
• Newfoundland and Labrador Credit Union Stephenville branch will be closing at 12 p.m.
• Newfoundland and Labrador Legal Aid offices in Corner Brook and Stephenville closed for the day.
More to come