Eleven-year-old Kyle Slade made it three-for-three in provincial Youth Bowling Council play last weekend, and now the young kegler from Conception Bay South hopes to win his third straight medal at nationals later this season in Saskatchewan.
Slade, from Riverdale Lanes, won the junior (11-14) boys’ gold medal at the provincial championship staged last weekend at Corner Brook’s Centre Bowl.
He’s the reigning two-time gold medallist in the bantam (8-10) division.
In addition to winning gold at the provincials, Slade also won back-to-back gold medals at YBC nationals in the bantam division.
Slade won the weekend provincials in junior with a 251 average over five games. He rolled a 287 in his fifth and final game to win by 12 pins.
Other winners at the YBC provincials:
• Vanessa Lynch (Plaza Bowl in St John’s), bantam girls
• Cody Jacobs (Centre Bowl), bantam boys
• Hailey Bursey (Plaza Bowl), junior girls
• Samantha Davis (Centre Bowl), senior girls
• Hunter Ryan (Holiday Lanes in St John's), senior boys
All six will compete at nationals slated for Regina, Sask., in May.