Newfoundland and Labrador Christmas lights map — Click to submit your ...
Get creative with Christmas projects right at home
A gift to anticipate
Sewing love, cheer into every stitch
Island of inspiration: Artist Adam Young paints vibrant scenes of East ...
Rooted in Christmas tree traditions
Holiday help at the ready
Recipes for the holidays
Decor, function go hand in hand with this DIY holiday project
Must-watch holiday movies
ST. JOHN'S: Potentially damaging storm set to strike
A weather warning is now in effect. Click here to view all affected communities.
A warm front extending ahead of a power fall storm over Lake Superior is already pulling mild air into Atlantic Canada. As the sprawling system tracks eastward, the pressure gradient will tighten and strong south winds will gust to 100 km/h tonight and Tuesday. Rainfall totals will range from 50 to as high as 75 mm and will cause localized flooding where it falls on frozen ground. Behind the rain and wind, we can expect falling temperatures and 5 to 10 cm of snow on Wednesday.Show more...
Marine Forecast: December 10, 2019
SW COAST: GALE WARNING
- WIND: SW 25 knots increasing to S 40 knots in the morning. Wind veering to SW 35 knots in the evening.
- WAVES: 2 to3 metres building to 3 to 5 metres in the morning and to 5 to 7 metres near noon.
SOUTH COAST: GALE WARNING
- WIND: SW 25 knots increasing to S 40 knots with gusts to 55 knots along the coast in the afternoon and evening. Wind diminishing to SW 35 knots in the evening.
- WAVES: 2 to 3 metres building to 3 to 5 metres in the morning and to 5 to7 metres in the afternoon.
EAST COAST- CAPE ST FRANCIS + SOUTH: GALE WARNING
- WIND: SW 20 knots backing to S 25 knots in the morning. Wind increasing to S 40 knots in the afternoon with gusts to 55 knots along the coast.
- WAVES: Less than 1 metre building to 2 to 3 metres in the morning and to 3 to5 metres in the evening.