What COVID-19 has taught us about long-term care
Building an equal future for women in Atlantic Canada
SaltWire Selects: Stories you don't want to miss
SPECIAL REPORT: Facets of family violence
Have you tried the SaltWire News app?
UPDATED: COVID-19 news and numbers
Continuing coverage: Mass shooting in Nova Scotia
What's working for businesses in 2021?
A backing low puts us back in our winter coats
A weather warning is now in effect. Click here to view all affected communities.
Thanks to a blocking high over Greenland, a stalled rainmaker off the Avalon can't push off to the east. As the system rolls back towards the maritime provinces, it is raining itself out; rainfall totals will not be excessive. However, the raw northeasterly wind won't be pleasant, making it feel more like early March.Show more...
SW COAST: GALE WARNING
- WIND: NE 35 knots diminishing to NE 20 knots near noon.
- WAVES: 3 to 5 metres subsiding to 2 to 3 metres near noon.
SOUTH COAST: GALE WARNING
- WIND: NE 35 knots diminishing to NE 25 knots near noon.
- WAVES: 3 to 4 metres subsiding to 2 to 3 metres in the afternoon.
EAST COAST- CAPE ST FRANCIS + SOUTH:
- WIND: NE 25 knots diminishing to NE 15 to 20 knots in the evening.
- WAVES: 3 to 4 metres subsiding to 2 to 3 metres in the evening.